Solid GunZ Forum
The VPS is online and the client is almost complete!
Check the announcement section to follow our progress!
We think the game will be online around 12th of December!

, Solid staff
Solid GunZ Forum
The VPS is online and the client is almost complete!
Check the announcement section to follow our progress!
We think the game will be online around 12th of December!

, Solid staff
Solid GunZ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signature Tutorial :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Signature Tutorial :) Empty
PostSubject: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:09 am

Hey guys, just a quick tut I made for u guys Smile

:OBJECTIVE:.
To create an easy and attractive forum signature without excessive know how of the Photoshop program.

.:DIFFICULTY:.
Medium, must have some rudimentary Photoshop skills and the ability to follow instructions.

.:TOOLS:.
Photoshop 7.0 or above.

.:TUTORIAL:.
1. First of all get this image (image made by me with brushes by silverninja from deviantART). Copy and paste this onto a new sheet in Photoshop.
2. Create a new page (ctrl + N) with a size you feel is appropriate for your creation, I myself prefer 400px by 100px. Now paste (ctrl + V) the image as a background image for your signature, move it around with the move tool (the button on the uppermost right corner of your tool bar) until you are satisfied with its placement.

3. Press ctrl + U to enter the Hue/Colorization box, check both boxes at the bottom and move the three sliders around (hue, saturation, and lightness) until you are satisfied with the color changes
on your background.

4. Now comes the difficult part hehe, go on to Google Image Search or Search-22 Image Search and find a character you would like to place upon your signature, I’m just going to use Cloud from Advent Children cause he's awesome. Now copy and paste the image onto a new document
, resize it until you feel its size is perfect and paste it onto your signature.

5. Now comes the difficult part, you have to blend this image into the background. Take the lasso tool and draw around the edge of your character, it does not have to be perfect, after you make a full circle, right click inside the circle and choose feather and enter 33 into the box that appears. Press ctrl + C then ctrl + V, delete the previous layer thus leaving behind a ghosted image of what you had before. Take the eraser tool, change the hardness to 0 and size to around 20 and brush around the edges to erase the excessive images that was not take out during the feather, be extra careful around things like hair.

6. Go to Image -> Adjustments -> Match Color (for the bottom part select your signature and then the layer the background image is on) and play around with the sliders until the character further blends into the background. Duplicate the character three times, go to the layer pallet and for the top layer set the opacity at 60 for the middle layer set the blending mode to soft light and for the last layer go to Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur. Again, mess around with the slider until you get the effect you want.

7. Click the text tool, choose a text style you want type out your name, I used Blade 2 and Bitdust from DaFont and did some fancy effect to it (I’ll show you text blending/effects in another tutorial which I might post later Smile

8. The final part, create a new layer, now press ctrl + A and go to Edit -> Stroke and choose a 1px black stroke, then make another selection about 2px away from the stroke you just created and do the same thing again, this gives the effect of a transparent border (make sure this layer is the topmost layer).

9. Save this file as a .jpg and host it on ImageShack and update your profile and you are done.

.:FINAL RESULT:.

Final result achieved with more brushing and stuff...

Signature Tutorial :) Forumsig1

.:COMMENTS:.
Feedback welcome and stuff, PM me if you have any problems, this is just the basic tutorial so yea Smile

Ian (Dream).

Last edited by Ian on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pasted sig 2 early.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 am

thanks for posting the tutorial. I never read any tutorial but i am sure it will be useful for some people Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 am

took me 1 hour to make this tut... but oh well, really short to read xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 am

Well Comeout is really nice Wink
9/10

But the tutorail by his self , is not easy at all.

Maybe pictures by each step?
Back to top Go down
Streamline
Admin
Admin
Streamline

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Nice one Ian.

I like the TuT..
Back to top Go down
https://hardcorepvm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Nice tut.

+1 Smile well done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:34 pm

I suck at it . Make me a one piece sig ^^ named it and the side Snow^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:40 am

Well explained tutorial!
But what I always say, a picture say more as a thousand words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Tutorial :)   Signature Tutorial :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Signature Tutorial :)
Page 1 of 1